The Agripreneurship & Investment Meeting
Attend and capitalize on growth, diversification and investment opportunities along the agricultural valuechain.
29 – 30 MAY, 2019 Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa
Agripreneurs and Start-ups.
About the Agripreneurs Conference
The Agripreneurs Conference 2019 is an Africa-wide agribusiness platform. It brings together food and agribusiness stakeholders and players to discuss, lobby and act on matters that accelerate the growth of profitability in Agriculture. Agripreneurship is one avenue for addressing some of the ills of the Sub-Saharan economies, a great tool for creating jobs, increasing production & raising productivity.
The Conference promotes Agripreneurship as a solution to:
- Food insecurity and
- Lack of profits in agriculture.
Timely insights on Agribusiness Challenges:
The Conference will present insights on business and funding models, market access and development, intellectual property rights (IPR), innovation development process, policy and legislation among other critical interventions.
In short, the Conference aims to address the following challenges met by agribusiness in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Lack of finance
- Lack of managerial skills
- Lack of mentorship
- Access to markets
- Access to technology
- Knowledge of policy and regulations.
Why the Agripreneurs Conference?
A few pointers for you.
Growth in Agribusiness and Agricultural entrepreneurship will help create millions of jobs while pulling subsistence farmers out of poverty. And although more and more youth are looking into Agripreneurship, there are many challenges facing this sector like the lack of access to finance, information, managerial expertise, legal knowledge, networking and mentoring.
- 1 Complimentary Ticket for every 3 delegates registered
- 5+ Panel Discussion
- 2 Round Tables
- 1 Private Focus Group Lunch
- 1 Invitation Only Dinner/Cocktail
- 3 Keynotes
- 1 Agrinovation Pitchathon
- Full access to all Conference sessions from the 29th to the 30th of May 2019.
- Gain access to the Day 1 dinner.
- Depending on your industry needs, gain access to Finance, New Markets, Innovation, Bankable Projects, Managerial Expertise, ICT trends as well as IoT in Agribusiness.
Meet The Speakers
The Speakers list will change as the programme develops.
Anele Canzibe Mtshemla
Fay Nicholas Shao
Dr. Naudé Malan
Ngwako Lethabo Ramohlale
The backward and forward
linkages between primary,
secondary and tertiary sectors in the Agribusiness Value Chain.
Here we broadly try to list down all the major field of opportunity that are directly or indirectly associated with Agripreneurship.
Opportunities by Sector
What prospects lie in the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors for Agripreneurship?
Agri-input: An opportunity for an entrepreneur to cater to that need for that standardization. Some examples would be bio-fertilizers, bio-pesticides, vermin-compost etc.
FMCG Products: A domain on which many conglomerates have built up gigantic business empires, still holds enormous scope for an individual to venture into.
- Micro-Finance: There exists scope to explore options like savings, insurance etc.
- Service Providers: These include the input procurement and distribution, hiring of implements and equipment like tractors, seed drills, sprayers, harvesters, threshers, dryers and technical services such as installation of irrigation facilities, weed control, plant protection, harvesting, threshing, transportation, storage etc.
- Marketing: Post harvest process related to all the outputs derived from agri and associated sectors.
Let’s Address the Challenges
The Conference aims to
facilitate solutions to
the following challenges..
The Agripreneurs Conference 2019 presents space for posts about various successful and not so successful ventures in the agri-business domain.
- Lack of financial support
- Lack of incubation system for entrepreneurship
- Lack of risk mitigation or incentives for start ups
- Implementation constraints of policies promoting entrepreneurship
- Process bottlenecks in terms of bureaucracy
- Sensitization of implementing officers in field/front officers
And definitely a lot more.
Book Your Seat Today
The form will calculate a 10% discount for 5 or more delegates.
Complete the Registration Form Below for InstantRegistration
Standard delegate fee:
Please use the details below or send us an email by completing the form on the right.
WhatsApp: +27 81 585 8631
Tel: +27 11 040 7352
10 Van Beek Street,